It's funny how sometimes projects don't always end the way they started, isn't it? I'm here today to walk you through how my 'Fun Shots' layout using the So Cal kit came together...with a few thoughts along the way. :)
I admit I'm biased. I always start by pulling out my favorite pieces from a kit and laying them out together...for this kit it was the papers shown above, the 'Hey Girl' stamp set, the sequin butterflies, the just twine, a diecut I had on my desk that I cut from vellum and that lovely exclusive diecut card with the stripes on it. Actually, it initially started with my love for that die cut card...I had every intention of hoarding it. But I realized that was silly and built my page around it.
I knew that with so many patterned papers that caught my eye, layering was the way to go so that I could get bits of each of them on this page. And since I had committed to the die cut card with the stripes, I decided to round all of the corners on my papers to mimic that. I specifically chose to use a piece of the SC alphabet paper that had the initials of both people in the photos, and outlined them with a black pen. I just started playing around with different layering options until I liked how it looked. The die cut starburst circle was added at the last minute to break up the linear bits...and ended up being a perfect spot for my journaling.
Time to start sticking things down. I often snap a quick picture on my phone so that I can remember how I had everything arranged when I need to take things off the page to assemble from the bottom up. Once I had the papers back in order, I added the photos and began toying around with embellishments. The small border of woodgrain cardstock just to the left of the jute twine was a last minute addition...I was playing around with my chalk inks and liked how it looked, so I added the border as well as 2 punched hearts at the bottom of the large photo. A few hidden butterflies here and there, the completed journaling spot and stamped word bubble rounded out a cluster of bits near the middle.
Last to add was the title. I usually have in mind kind of where I want it to end up, but almost always add it last. Initially I had planned on adding it under the large photo, but it didn't quite stand out enough...so back to the top it went, lol. The exclusive tiny alphabet added an extra bit of color and a fun subtitle all in one fell swoop. :)
(supplies : kit - So Cal ; mist - Mister Huey's Shine & White ; cardstock - More Gray, More White Woodgrain ; paint - JBS Chicken Feed ; ink - Prima Chalk Ink Tin Can & Moss Lawn, Versafine Black Onyx)
Finished product is my Main only layout for June. As you can see from the first photo up there, taken before I started cutting things up, a few changes were made from my initial 'intended pile'. Only one sequin butterfly made it onto the page, I added bits of the woodgrain cardstock, the coral twine and vellum diecuts were both eliminated...but the basis remained the same. Hope you enjoyed my thought process!!