We've shared a lot of inspiration in five years - so how about a little extra to celebrate? We're thrilled that two of our past designers, Kelly Goree and Waleska Neris, were able to join us for our celebration!
Five facts about Kelly Goree :
1. I’m from Kentucky - Louisville, even - but I've never been to the Kentucky Derby. I've been close more than once but it never worked out for one reason or another that includes a hail storm. Crazy, I know.
2. I taught dance (tap, jazz and ballet) to little girls 3-8 years old to have spending money throughout college. It was a good thing I got my girl fix in then since my boys who would vehemently object to me putting them in tutus and tights. (Ok, maybe not the tights. Superheroes DO wear tights.)
3. I have an addition to McDonald's Diet Coke that *could* (depending on who you're asking!) be considered worse than any drug dependency.
4. I’m double jointed in my left thumb. Just that joint only. No others. I have yet to figure out something useful to do with it.
5. My driver's license says I'm 5'1, but it's really more like 5' 1/2". Some people lie about their age. For me, it’s this - especially now that my oldest is really 5'1" and therefore taller than his Mama. Something he is NOT letting me forget.
Kelly paired the bright colors in our July kit with a gorgeous black and white photo of her youngest son - the contrast is beautiful! She used the October Afternoon flyers and vintage ticket to embellish the page, and paired letters from a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper with our exclusive Thickers in her title. Here's what Kelly has to say about her page :
"I've always been an avid reader so it was hard for me to see my youngest struggle with his reading. However he worked incredibly hard all school year and made his reading level! We celebrated by enrolling him in the summer reading program at our local library. The beautiful, bright, summery colors of this SC kit were perfect for what I needed to make this page fun and happy. My favorite element on this page is the large title. By cutting out the ginormous alphabet letters from the BasicGrey paper, I was really able to give LARGE focus to the title and what the page was all about."
Five random facts about Waleksa Neris :
1. I have 3 jobs
2. I don't drink soda
3. I played the mandolin when i was a kid
4. I don't have a middle name
5. I like everything to be nice and neat all.the.time.
The light and bright colors of our new midrelease were a perfect match for this playful photo of Waleska's sons. Our mistable Thickers let her customize her embellishments to match the rest of her page, and I loved her misted layers of paper! This page just screams summer fun.
Thank you Kelly and Waleska for letting us share your work - and thank you for being a part of the Studio Calico family!