Hi everyone, it's Kelly here with an up close and personal look at our fabulous October Guest Designer, Kinsey Wilson. By now I'm sure you've drooled over her amazing layouts in the Design Team gallery, but there's no harm in taking another peek. (I've taken several!) Check them out right here.
I had a quick little Q&A with Kinsey...
When did you start scrapbooking? Technically in high school, but I didn't *really* get insane about it until i had my little one.
Where do you find inspiration? Everywhere...pattern & textures of clothing, ads, music, window displays... I keep sketchbooks and journals all over the place for that very reason.
What's your favorite thing about this hobby? I love that what I do will give Brianna a more complete story of us...she has a 'hard copy' photo journal of our lives. It's awesome that she'll be able to include her future family in the parts of our lives that they weren't around yet for. I really love that.
What do you like to focus on when you scrapbook? I tend to focus on the feeling of the photos and try to convey that with the colors, design and elements on each layout.
Besides scrapbooking, what else do you like to do? We love board games and we're extremely competitive so at any given moment, you'll find all 3 of us engrossed in a cut throat game of Scrabble or Yahtzee...yeah, we like to live on the edge, lol.
What are 5 fun facts about yourself:
- I wear flip flops year round. love me some flip flops!
- I keep 2 kinds of candy stocked in my stash (sixlets and gummie savers) and if my supply drops below a certain level, I break out into a cold sweat, lol.
- I'm pretty sure i might be a professional drummer soon... not to toot my own horn or anything but iIm pretty darn impressive when it comes to rockband 2. (I'm also very humble, hehe!)
- I've lived in more than 15 cities, 8 states and 2 countries... I love a change of scenery every once in a while.
- I'm addicted to fonts and graphics... I must've been a graphic artist in a past life, ha!
Kinsey also worked some of her magic with the Elementary line...
And check out this awesome binder idea...
Kinsey also posted this fun organization binder on her blog, and said we could share it with you too...
She also posted printable calendar PDFs for you to download, so hop on over and check it out!